A skin booster treatment is a low-risk procedure. The main issues are swelling and bruising if needles or microneedling are used.Pre-treatment instructions:
- To reduce the risk of bruising, avoid taking blood-thinning medications/supplements for one week before your appointment, e.g., Aspirin, Ibuprofen, Vitamin E, and fish oil. Do not stop the medication if recommended to take for medical reasons.
- Avoid heavy alcohol consumption 24 hrs prior to your appointment.
- Arrive makeup free.
- Do not apply makeup for approximately 24 hours.
- Avoid heavy exercise 24 hrs post-treatment.
- Avoid restarting ‘active skincare’ products e.g. Retinol, AHA/BHAs, for 3 days post-treatment.
- Avoid chemical peels and laser or radio-frequency treatments for 14 days.
- Avoid exposure to UV, and extreme heat such as sauna, steam rooms, sun beds, etc.
- Use paracetamol to reduce discomfort if needed.
- Use Arnica tablets/gel or Vitamin K to help reduce bruising if needed.